Thursday 7 July 2022

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Russell, Ontario

Some Excitement

For our morning sadhana session with the Bhakti Academy, I facilitated the group on a class from Bhagavatam 1.2.17. Here’s the verse in English:

“Sri Krishna, the Personality of Godhead, who is the Paramatma (Supersoul) in everyone’s heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.”

For recitation of the Sanskrit transliteration of the verse, I gave each member one work to speak on. I gave a two-minute limit for each to speak. It was fun and philosophical. Each participant did well.

After a marvelous meal for breakfast at Krishna Dulal’s, we departed for Toronto. As usual, I took to walking instead of waiting. Two young raccoons began to cross the road as I was enroute. The traffic was thick. I thought the worst. The first young furry fellow cleared the traffic. The second one, not. He got hit badly by a car, but he sprung back into action and scurried across on a limp.

A massive mobile farm machinery made its way down the road. It covered a lane and a half. I had to move over, certainly. But that moving over put me to an advantage. A motorist pulled over. He was curious.

“You’re a monk?”

“Yes, a Krishna monk.”

This motorist, a male from the U.K. (he’s got the accent), has heard about the Bhagavad-gita. We exchanged contact numbers. I hope to meet him again. In the bhakti tradition, it’s all about making friends.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: