22 College St., Toronto
Our Chant, Our Chat, Our Walk
For Ukraine, our residents had a
From our west coast Gita Chat
group, we discussed a host of things, some of which are as follows:
1) We are all in a conditioned state; meaning we are contaminated.
2) Getting free from this contamination is called mukti.
3) Consciousness can be described with the term “I am.”
4) When consciousness is contaminated, one declares, “I am Lord.”
5) When consciousness is purified it means, “I am servant.”
6) Purification comes in the form of co-operation with the Lord.
7) Prabhupada equated co-operation to love.
8) The Absolute Truth is referred to as the complete whole.
9) The complete whole is comprised of God, the soul, the material energy, time, and activity.
10) There are three levels of God realization – Brahman or spiritual energy, Paramatma or God in the heart, and Bhagavan or the loving source.
11) If God is whole and complete then God is also a person.
12) Many potencies emanate from God.
13) We are not whole, like God, due to our human defects, of which there are four.
14) The four human defects or
frailties are: a) we are prone to make mistakes, b) we are prone to cheat, c)
we are prone to be in illusion, and d) our senses are imperfect.
We did, indeed, cover a lot of
After our hour-long read and
discussion, I went for my walk, which was to the police station on College St.
and back. It is 2.5 km from the temple ashram to the station and the same
distance back with a total of 5 km. This is not triumphant, but a goal reached
May the Source be with you!