Friday 25 March 2022

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Downtown Toronto

A New Film

Krisztina Danka is an award-winning film maker and she sent me a message today, on behalf of “Karuna Productions,” that a short film (eleven minutes) was released, hoping I’d like it. It’s called “Play, Pray, Walk, Laugh,” subtitle “The Journey of Bhaktimarga Swami.”

I wrote back to her team saying I really liked it. Frankly, I forgot about the interview she conducted in February 2020, just around the time Covid was starting to make inroads.

The film is informative (“touching,” said a person who viewed it). It tells a little about my childhood walks to school and rising early to milk our family cow, on the farm. You get to know where the title “The Walking Monk” came from. Yes, I’ve been walking. Walking has always been my downtime.

The film also features the drama I was working on in Mayapura, India, at the time, with a team of young enthusiasts. It was the story of one of my Vedic heroes, Bhisma. It also covers the joy that is derived from the collaboration of these young artists. It becomes such a learning curve for all of us in the productions. Between admin meetings that I attend, I’m always making my way to the Samadhi building, going to and fro, playing the role of director. That happens every year. Only recently Covid has put a hiccup to that routine.

Fortunately, though, I’ve been producing my own dramatical films during this time of lull. I’ve kept busy. In 2020 we released “Rolling the Dice,” and yet to be released is “The Embassy,” both based on stories of the Mahabharat.

To access “Play, Pray, Walk, Laugh,” check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VODhCmb670M

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km




 

No comments: