Friday 11 March 2022

Monday, March 7, 2022

Yorkville, Toronto

A Call Came

A call came in on my personal phone. It was one of those recordings with a male voice representing social security and how I am suspicious of etc. You know, it’s one of those scam calls where they try to pry money out of you after due interrogation. I waited for the recording to complete after his final line, “For clarification dial 1.” So, I dialled 1 to offer my clarification.

A live voice answered, “Yes, can I help you?”

I gave my piece. “You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Do you realize what kind of karma…” She cut in saying, “No, we are not ashamed,” and hung up.

Such was my contribution to truth for the day. It was actually a day of truth in many ways. One such truth was the appearance of lightly sauteed asparagus at lunch time. Another was a walk, of course, while fingering on my chanting beads through the streets of Yorkville.

Here’s yet another “truth” moment. It happened more than once today, by phone and text. “I heard you have COVID.”

“You have got the first two letters right – CO and the last letter D is also correct. Remove the V and I and replace with an L. That spells COLD. That’s what we used to call it. The one syllable word also sounds better. I’m actually fine, though I had, for a short while, a runny nose.

I earned three vaccinations. Three jabs, indeed, and I caught a minor cold. That is my relative truth for the day.

May the Source be with you!

4 km


 

No comments: