Tuesday 15 March 2022

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Dundas Square, Toronto

Around the Corner

The fun thing about walking is that when you turn a corner there is something new for the optics. Always a surprise. For instance, you can be on a straight walkway, sheltered from wind, but you turn that corner and suddenly you’re hit by harsh cold or turbulent warmth by the gust. It’s also a change of scenery.

When you turn that corner and, with welcome, a streak of sun can dart at you; especially at dusk. It’s a nice feeling.

Once our guru, Prabhupada, said “Around every corner there’s a brahmana.” My understanding of this remark is that pious or well-intentioned good people are everywhere and, yes, he or she could be standing just beyond the ninety-degree of a building’s cornerstone. Good is everywhere.

Sometimes you meet characters. One fellow saw me as I was northbound on Yonge St., and he decided I would be his receptable for his spewing out boasts of how many drugs he just consumed. He came right over from one side of the street to my side with no coherency. I felt bad for him, really. I was not going to be his audience. I kind of had to dance around him as he tried to cling onto my trail. Indeed, on the pedestrian streets you do meet with the good, the bad, and the ugly. It’s the diversity that makes it entertaining.

Seriously, you have to go out for a walk; meet pedestrians, meet the elements, meet God ultimately. It’s His energy. It’s a great meet. A great greet. Just chant as you stride.

May the Source be with you!

10 km


 

No comments: