Friday 11 March 2022

Sunday, March 6, 2022

City Hall, Toronto

The Wind Sent Me

There are three ladies from the city that have their birthday today- Saci, Sadhana and my sister, Connie. At the least I offered to each of them a version of “Happy Birthday to you….” It is a cute “Hare Krishna to you.”

Today was bright from that perspective but also in another way. I had come down with a little cold but I came up with an idea. I needed some vitamin D. I needed some sun and it was there. Along with its presence was a warm wind from the west, hurling things in the air. Clouds went one way. A plastic bag went up in a spin and even a covid mask spun by.

The scene was beckoning me to get out and about. I hit Yonge Street and kept going south till Queen St. From there I went west, then north on Beverly, past the first Hare Krishna temple in Toronto. I just kept going till I struck ten kilometres.

For a break I planted myself on a park bench at Grange Park near the Henry Moore sculpture. There I met Hrithik, a free-spirited young photographer who declared everything to be “beautiful.” He surely was a bit on the wild side. He even acted as though the wind swept him up and into flight.

He joined me walking as he was enroute to a Ukraine Rally at St. Claire. The wind was with us too. It was interesting to see a line of garbage bins thrown across George St. by the wind. Traffic made its way around the almost perfect barricade. We saw our first robin for the year; a sure sign of spring. It was a great walk.

May the source be with you!

10km




 

No comments: