Thursday 3 March 2022

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Halifax, Here I Am

Sanjay is from Nepal but he has the look of an indigenous person from North America. It is simply an observation. He has a humble disposition and he was willing to walk with me for a short stretch in the Timberlea district where I’m staying, at the residence of Angiras and Anchal. It is gorgeous with nature all around. This walk constituted a second stroll for the day; the first one being along the harbour at Dewolf Park, which is also appealing.

One of the main reasons for the trip here was to visit Savyasacin whose wife, Shyamesvari is stricken with a rare cancer. I’ve known her for 22 years. She hails from South Africa, and, since I’ve been going to Durban to participate in their big Chariot Fest, I’ve had the great opportunity to work with her and others from S.A. in the dramas. She is indeed talented while also being a good devotee of Krishna.

My day was full with folks and phone (Zoom Gita Chats). What was important was the chance to visit Shyamesvari and her husband in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. A call came in at 2 am that she had only a few hours, and so we rushed off to the emergency to meet her and then her family, three young daughters and her mom. It was touching. Savyasacin has been the most supportive hubby. So much love between all of them. I left the hospital room after a meaningful kirtan hoping all would be well.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: