Wednesday 9 March 2022

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Rosedale, Toronto

The Card

At Robert Stanfield Airport Halifax, I was sitting at Gate 14 waiting for my flight and chatting with Sameer who is from the Ismaili community. He takes a prime interest in education and is involved in the Waldorf school system. Anyway, we were chatting and an excited young woman came towards us. Sameer and I were both masked and so was she. In an energetic tone of voice, she spoke. “Excuse me, but are you the Walking Monk?”

“I’m a sitting one for the moment, but yes. I am the one who also walks,” I said. The confirmation excited her even more.

“I follow you (virtually) all the time.” In certain terms I expressed that I hope the following inspires and she confirmed that indeed it does. As usual in such cases I offer a person a mantra card hoping they will take full advantage of reciting the mantra. which has some kind of healing and magical effect on the taker.

I had offered one to Sameer earlier on as a way to leave my contact info, which is on the flip side. There you have an image of myself walking a mystical trail in Mauritius, next to a mango tree infested by fruit bats. In general, I find the cards are effective.

For the evening, I went for a walk, through Rosedale. Of course, the big thing on my mind is the disturbing political dynamic in Ukraine. I spoke with Achuta Priya, our leader in Ukraine. The curfew is on. Citizens are given arms. Guns shots are heard in the atmosphere. “It’s going to be a mess.”

May the Source be with you!

3 km

No comments: