Thursday 3 March 2022

Friday, February 25, 2022

Halifax, Nova Scotia

No Dull Place

It was a long walk in Terminal 3 to get to Gate B2, destined for Halifax. I was nice and early. I seated myself at the passenger’s lounge when I met Tracy. She was looking for a nibble to eat or a coffee, but no shops were open; that’s how early it was. Before she went on the search, she said something that was beyond the call of duty. It was a question. “Can I get you something?” I was touched and appreciatively declined. I’m just a stranger but she overlooked that.

“Thank you but no, I honestly have no fire in my stomach in the morning.”

Tracy came back with a coffee. It took a while. She was curious about my affiliation.

“Hare Krishna.”

“Oh yes, I’ve met them before.” And then she expressed a few things about us. “Peaceful, vegetarian…”

She went on. “Yah know, I’ve been dealing with family and there has been a lot of grieving. I recently discovered, through the channel of ‘Ancestry,’ that one of my siblings was switched for another baby at birth. That was in the ’60s, and the hospital where it happened had the records missing.

I imagined this was traumatic for her and her family. She concurred that it was. Zone 1 passengers were being called for boarding. I was in Zone 3. Tracy was before me. I was thinking that the world presents such interesting twists and turns; from meeting friendly folks to the reality of someone having ill intentions as a nurse or doctor in a hospital. This world is no dull place. It’s a circus that makes you laugh and cry.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: