Monday 11 July 2022

Friday, July 8, 2022

Toronto/Gananoque

As Always, A Good Day

Being summertime means that guests are coming, both spiritual seekers and spiritual speakers. A very humble and scholarly monk (brahmacari) from Orissa, India, is delivering classes on bhakti and that is bringing attention to morning and evening programs. It’s interesting to see numbers have come back during the post-pandemic period.

From Gainesville came a senior Vaishnava lady, also scholarly, Prabhupada Priya, who delivered a class today from the Bhagavatam, discussing the lack of fulfillment on the part of the sage, Vyasa, compiler of the Vedas. His time with guru, Narada, allowed Vyasa to see his shortcoming in his writing. More emphasis on devotion was the urge from Narada.

We all need urging or nudging in our devotional endeavours. This morning I was encouraged to clean. For where there is consistent dirt, I will put on my work clothes and get to mopping. I recall meeting a man in the Midwest of the U.S. during my walk. He was in his seventies, loading wood he had cut for fuel. With pride he said, “I don’t have to go to the gym.”

That’s the way I feel when taking the mop, bucket, water and soap to tackle the floors. It’s a pleasant workout for me and I get to dance with that mop moving over the floor. My philosophy is that with the traffic we get at the temple and ashram, cleaning needs doing everyday.

The Bhakti Academy members have taken on as an engagement forming my drama production for the play, “Demon.” The performance is held in Montreal this weekend so the troupe and I left for the city while making a meaningful stop at Gananoque Inn with proprietors, the Patels. They fed us at the midway point, a gorgeous spot off the St. Lawrence River.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: