Monday 30 January 2023

WALKING BRINGS CHANGE

Friday, January 27th, 2023
Cabbagetown, Toronto

By now, you must be aware that I am a sucker for three dimensional objects – sculptures. Before becoming a monk, I was preoccupied in various visual art forms. Recently when I made a visit at the dentist’s office, I saw a piece of metallic curvature sculpture which reminded me of something I assembled in college in ’73 when I walked away from several pieces of artwork to take to my current vocation. When seeing that sculpture in the patients’ waiting room, I had that nostalgic moment.

Now back at the temple ashram, I was looking at the completed work of two dioramas, one called “Changing Bodies” and the other one, “Karma.” They were both made from a mold design so expertly executed. They both very desperately needed a repaint job. To the rescue came Kunti, and artist, who is part of our Bhakti Academy. Well, she transformed them so nicely, worth of mentioning. The “Changing Bodies” exhibit in particular went through its own reincarnation.

It's beautiful!

In the evening I took to a winter’s walk in the Cabbagetown area, and as usual, when being confined to indoor activity, a relief comes from that walking for just an hour. It is a needed change, a reincarnation for the day. Everyone needs a daily transformation through a mere walk through the park.

May the Source be with you!

4 km

No comments: