Tuesday 12 April 2022

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto

Break a Leg

 

Off to the hospital and anticipating a new knee. I’m already called the bionic boy. I was wheeled into the

surgery. Just minutes before, I compiled a poem.

 

Break a Leg

 

You know the saying, “Break a leg,”

Well, that’s what Backstein is about to do

The surgeon will be opening my leg

A performance by him and his crew

When a bionic part enters my machine

He’d execute with care when it’s actually free

With trusty tools he’ll be sharp and clean

Months back he tackled my left knee

And today it’ll be the right

My body is a pod with more than a pea

I’ll all be finished by tonight

I’m glad I’m not a millipede

That would kill the doc for sure

Surgeons are in demand – a need

They live for a patient’s repair and cure

That is a part of their earned legacy

And when the operation is all over

He, I and the crew will be in ecstasy

And our hearts will be wrapped in clover

 

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: