Thursday 28 April 2022

Monday, April 25, 2022

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Two nice Guys

My physio for today entailed a few exercises, and one of them was a simple walk to the park. Gabriel and I made it to a bench to sit for a reading of the Bhagavatam; a repeat from the other day. Only today, it appeared someone was watching me from a distance and wanted to connect. The park happened to be overrun by him and his cohorts. Anyway, I was keen to see just why he was coming forth in the most modest way.

Just to break the mystery surrounding this fellow, I’ll tell you he was a bold squirrel. He came near us with bushy tail up. Then he squatted and extended his paws. I extended my hand and he reciprocated with his right one and set it right in mine. It was kind of a high-five, if not an attempted handshake. Gabriel had to capture this with his camera. It was so cute.

That was one person we met, before he scurried off. The next individual was a neighbour from four blocks away.

“What religion?” he asked.

“Hare Krishna!”

“Were you born into this?” he continued.

“My parents brought me up Roman Catholic, but Jesus is still in the picture. Krishna takes greater influence. We also accept Buddha as one of our avatars. But Krishna is the dominant one.”

Gabriel held up a picture of Krishna from his Bhagavatam book. “Here is what He looks like.”

“Oh yeah!” remarked the man, who hails from the U.K., but is now living in Canada. We didn’t shake hands, like the squirrel, but did farewell one-another, hoping to communicate more in the future.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: