Friday 15 April 2022

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

243 Ave. Rd., Toronto

Good Day, Eh!

Today was a great day of hope merely because the sun was shining. Though I’m confined to the indoors, being still crutch-dependent, I can see the sun’s rays streaking through the arched window of my quarters. I believe the sun globe was reaching out saying, “Hello!” or “Good day, eh?” (That little extra eh is the Canadian version, since the sun does filter through the ether of Canada).

By evening time, details were worked out for re-modeling the lower floor space for the Bhakti Academy or what was more popularly known as “Krishna House” at the location in Gainesville, Florida. Gainesville is one place that I would make as a regular stop over, annually. As most North American practitioners of bhakti know, it is a significant place for Krishna Conscious youth to attend school and at the same time reap the benefits of living and staying in a facility that is particularly Krishna centric.

Now, we will have such a place in Toronto and, based on its success, we could expand on it in different locations in Canada and the US. For instance, I have been given the assignment to add onto my zone of responsibility some northern states. I can easily see a program like Bhakti Academy working for young students in Minneapolis, and in Anchorage, Alaska. Why not?

The residual power of the sun’s magnanimous self lingered into the evening when, from my upstairs quarters, I conducted another Gita Chat over Zoom, with some devotees from the north and the east. These sessions are super-gratifying. “Here comes the sun.”

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: