Friday 15 April 2022

Saturday, April 9, 2022

243 Ave. Rd., Toronto

Knee and Hip

My physio-therapist from small city, Guelph, Ontario, has offered to help me for my second post-surgery knee replacement. He observed one thing, that my right leg tends to sway more to the right instead of staying more straight to its left companion. This flaw has caused a minor limp in my walking execution and it most likely has to do with the unevenness of the road’s shoulder.

In the past I’ve called this slant in the road’s structure the TERRIBLE TILT, TT. If you’re on the road’s side too long it can be a walker’s nightmare.

So, my physio said, “When resting in bed, try to align that right leg straight.” Out of habit I have been sleeping on my right side, giving my heart-side its freedom all these years. To make that adjustment and try to lie on the back, at least for now, is an austerity. However, for the sake of gaining a good alignment, I’m going to do the best I can.

I’m definitely not the first person to get new knees. My colleague and friend Svavas, from Los Angeles, had knee replacement, so I’m told. In 1968 knee surgery was tried and now it is acknowledged that it is one of the most successful endeavours in the history of medicine.

In 1996 when I started my first long walk one of our west coast monks went to a promotion for Elizabeth Taylor’s perfume. Mind you, he was not interested in the perfume, but in delivering a Gita to the celebrity. During her promotion, Chris, the monk, heard her speech who mentioned about her recent hip replacement. “Miss Taylor, have you ever heard of the Bhagavad-gita?”

“No!” she replied. Chris gifted her one. And today Chris gave me a massage.

 

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: