Friday 15 April 2022

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto

Bag of Three

The night before had been very trying. I was nauseous, although the surgery went well. I was out like a light. I don’t remember a thing. The sedation worked really well. Still, there was a concern. The last time I urinated was at 7:30 a.m. and now it reached 12 hours later. Nothing! It then got to midnight and still – nothing again. I expressed my concern to the nurse. I did not get panicky. “You see, I never experienced this before.”

The nurse stood there feeling my frustration. On one of the subsequent visits to my room of four patients, I made my announcement to the nurse. I reported successfully releasing water through the simple technique of what guys do to urinate. They stand up. The nurse felt my relief and admitted that I had a good point. Anyway, it worked out.

I can recall a class given by our guru, Prabhupada, on Gita 2.11, and therein he explained the make up of our bodies. It is a bag of water, fire and air. He went on to say in his very convincing delivery that the body is a bag of these three elements and that we are not the body. We are spirit. “The whole world is going on with the false information; that I am the body,” he said.

I know we have to take care of this body, which is a machine made of the material energy. That’s why I am in the hospital. I am grateful to these medical workers who work tirelessly. The only gripe I might have about their medical institutions is the food. However, the good outweighs the bad.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: