Thursday 28 April 2022

Friday, April 22, 2022

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Thank You Earth

Today is Earth Day, and so I found it coincidental that the subject of dirt, mud or earth came up. A friend of mine called. He asked if I knew any dermatologists. Somehow, he had contracted something that he didn’t agree with, skin-wise, on one of his palms. I confessed to not knowing any expert in the skin department. I did suggest that he try using clay, or tilak for that matter. “I apply tilak (sacred earth) when I have any rash, including poison ivy, and it does wonders.” He took me in good faith and expressed he would give it a go.

Good luck my friend. Let the Earth do its healing.

With the day bathed in sun, I decided to hike it (carefully, with cane) to the park. There is nothing like real air. My companion agreed. Near our sitting spot, we located some spring joy coming out of the earth. First of all, there’s those daffodils; optimistic, pure and with creamy, intense yellow. We also noticed a blue clover over the grass. Kentucky grass, maybe? I don’t know but it sure looks divine. A reminder of blue Krishna? Yes, of course.

Also, by my feet, I detected some rabbit dung. I’m sure it’s a great fertilizer; a beautiful addition to the Earth’s richness and nutrition. We have every reason to be grateful when it comes to our planet’s gifts. And, after months of pure white snow and silvery ice, we can say the seasons are to embrace.

May the Source be with you!



 

No comments: