Wednesday 20 April 2022

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Stratford, Ontario

Another Easter Day

People with a Christian background hold this weekend as sacred. With our group from Brampton, we are keeping all events as fun and spiritual. In fact, at a Q and A session, a woman asked how I got involved in Krishna Consciousness, and so I tried capturing my past and admitting that Jesus had a lot to do with my finding Krishna. They are from the same family; in a spiritual sense.

This morning a wild bunny hopped along and stopped at my window. Not scared at all to see a moving monster (me), the rabbit just stood there adjusting his nose and then nibbling some grass. I thought it was interesting that rabbits have somewhat made their mark on the Easter weekend. However, I fail to see the connection between the obedient son of the Heavenly Father and a bunny rabbit.

We also engaged in meaningful kirtan today, led by Mahadeva and Annapurna. The young boys here all learn mrdanga drum and they did come forward to blend in so well. In fact, there were games set up for the kids and, for the adults, a presentation was made on “cooking without fire.” To be honest, much of the Easter weekend for us bhakti yogis was about chanting, ritual, and food.

Meanwhile, I continue with my physio therapies for a decent recovery. My medical support team is so helpful. It is hard for me to continue without their guidance. What they give, as well as being in the company of such a vibrant group from Brampton, all contributes to healing.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: