Thursday 16 December 2021

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Burnaby, British Columbia

Alignment

Planets have been making alignments with the moon as of late. During my evening walk this night I could see when the clouds were not covering. I spotted the moon and also a companion, another heavenly body situated on either side of the moon. I’m quite sure one was Saturn, however, I’m not sure about the other. This unique line up of luminaries reminded me of descriptions of planetary adjustments; when planets queued up at the time of Krishna’s birth. That day is called Janmasthami.

During my stroll of chanting mantras and planetary gazing I also contemplated on the affairs of the day, much to do with alignment issues and falling in order. This time the issue is more to do with people.

At 4:30 p.m. the Sunday School group of kids were scheduled for kirtan; a chanting session. I was invited to lead a portion of the session. In doing so, we put into exercise the method of “receive and respond.” It went well. These five to fourteen-year-olds went through a clapping session also, all while moving together. How important it is, training to follow in line!

Earlier in the day, at 10 a.m., I conducted a workshop on the Nine Devotions. In that workshop, the spirit and practice of alignment, in many ways, became the theme.

Next Saturday, we’ve planned a Kirtan Standards seminar, which will highlight and help the participants gain a sense of order. There is beauty and strength in that.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: