Tuesday 7 December 2021

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Toronto/Vancouver

Moving to Places

I left our ashram in Toronto for the airport feeling good. David has pruned the bushes in the front yard and Cameron really took to the elbow-grease-work of cleaning the resident washrooms. These areas needed some TLC (tender loving care or Teachings of Lord Chaitanya).

Karuna Sindhu drove me to the airport – thanks to him. Frankly, I would love to walk the stretch but, as in most cities, airports and runways are far-reaching, distance-wise. I’m anticipating daily walks while in Vancouver. Fortunately, the flooding and mudslides are on the interior. Strange karma this world comes up with. All summer long the area of British Columbia encountered an incredible dry spell with forest fires to boot. Now, rains are in excess.

Over the five-hour plane ride my legs hankered to move. I’ve got some of those standard exercises down for ankle and foot mobility. It really does go to show that stationary, or sedentary positions are not for us humans to be in for too long, unless of course, you are in a yogic asana regimen, and it doesn’t go for too long.

Chanting japa did occupy most of my time. It was all relatively comfortable except for my passenger next to me who inadvertently monopolized the full arm-rest the whole time. What can be done? As expressed in yesterday’s blog entry, patience is the thing. If a couple want to have a child it goes with a 9-month waiting period.

May the Source be with you!



 

No comments: