Tuesday 21 December 2021

Thursday. December 16, 2021

Burnaby, British Columbia

 

Good at Willard St.

 

I was on Willard St., relishing the dusk of the day. The sun was indeed casting rays and releasing some vitamin D. Some days this is hard to come by. Today was good.

 

The street here is quiet, as usual. A person in a red coat stood in the distance. It was a woman, so was revealed as I got closer – elderly, Asian, Chinese. She was curious. It was the robes.

 

“Do you have a temple nearby?” she asked.

 

I stopped. “It’s on Marine Drive.” I pointed.

 

“That’s interesting. What religion?”

 

“Hare Krishna! Older than Buddhism. It has roots from India.”

 

“Really! I know someone with clothes like you, but darker.”

 

“It’s probably another order, but same God. Come to see our temple on Marine Drive.”

 

“I will try,” she uttered sincerely.

 

By now, the sun was about to hide in the westerly direction. I started off my walk with weather in chill, but by now I was warm due to movement, the sun, and now meeting a human.

 

When reaching our temple grounds, I witnessed that some of the boys did some clean-up of the area. Much needed. I spotted them earlier in the middle of the job – Peter (now Prem), Jaga Mohan, and Aravind, doing well in the noon-time sun. Their spirits were up. They kept warm through movement, the sun, and each others’ company.

 

That’s the formula. Just do it for God.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km



 

No comments: