Thursday 16 December 2021

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Port Coquitlam, B.C.

Along the Dyke

It was the first sunny bright day in weeks, so a number of us took full advantage. We took to De Boville Slough, which has a dyke running along to one side and then edges along Pitt River. Bears do frequent the area.

We strolled for two-and-a-half kilometres and then returned, making it a five kilometre stretch of glory-walk. We talk as we walk, and sometimes get silly. It is a component of my daily reality to get down to dealing with grave matters, but I have found it necessary for equilibrium and sustainability to have light moments with others. Self-isolation is torture and unfavorable for spiritual progression. Being with others of like mindedness is a treasure. Part of my work.

One person recently asked me, on a Gita-study Zoom call, how they might reciprocate and be of service or assistance to me personally. My answer was, “I can be served a large thali, or plate of prasad, but I’m truly more satisfied when someone makes the effort to share higher (Krishna) consciousness with others.”

It is my experience that eating is not a problem for me. There’s always plenty. As our guru’s guru, Bhaktisiddhanta, used to say, there isn’t anything lacking in this world except for uplifting consciousness.

May the Source be with you!

5 km



 

No comments: