Tuesday 28 December 2021

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Surrey, British Columbia

 

Events

 

One of the most inspiring figures of saintliness is Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura. He is our param-guru, or guru’s guru. Today we honoured his passing from this world and we did so at the temple with ghee lamps, flowers, chants and love. New governmental restrictions are limiting the number of people gathering due top the breakout of Omicron. Our turn-out for the event, to dedicate appreciation to Bhaktisiddhanta, was small for this reason. We try to keep to the standard code.

 

With rather unpredictable weather these days and freezing water on the ground, I moved on foot cautiously, in solo, after the event (and a great feast). I made my way to the tiny park off of Willard to chant one round of mantras on my beads. Routinely I make myself content by sitting and swaying on the actual swing. Today was no exception. For me, this humble gesture is a major event.

 

At nightfall, Jaya Govinda, Vrnda, and I drove to the home of Rupa R. For a small gathering in remembrance of his nineteen-year-old daughter’s passing. Last week she was killed when an irresponsible motorist struck her, ending her life abruptly.

 

We are confident that her soul moved on, still this mishap weighs heavily on the hearts of parents, siblings and friends. Our way of dedicating good vibrations to nineteen-year-old Prem Manjari was through an hour-long, meaningful chanting session. The vibrations were good.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km

 


 

No comments: