Tuesday 28 December 2021

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Burnaby, British Columbia

 

Of Geese and Men

 

Some geese just do not fly south for the winter. Here, at least, some prefer to stay. As long as green grasses linger and temperatures remain mild enough, they just might stick around.

 

Karan and Sukshi are a marvelous couple, who more recently sprung upon consciousness of Krishna, and they joined me on my walk along Willard Ave., by the Asian farms. A flock of geese decided to munch away next to our walking street. I suppose the geese do contribute their dung to the farmer’s field by way of fertilizing. In any event, these birds, so popularly seen on land and in the sky, were right there absorbed. Meditation was not their preoccupation and likely won’t be.

 

The couple I’m with, walking companions, were showing their sweet and sincere spiritual side. I asked, “What is your goal in life?” In jovial tone they replied, “We’re happy being with the Maharaja (me).”

 

Well, that was simplistic. I was hoping for going a little deeper. It is what it is. They are happy campers – walkers.

 

I also had the fortune to walk through select pages from the Gita, about Arjuna’s compassion for humankind. He said he believed deeply in the Lord, but for the sake of others stated, “Please reveal your Universal Form.” And so, Krishna did let loose, manifesting something beyond imagination.

 

My last supper here in Burnaby was also beyond imagination.

 

May the Source be with you!

6 km

 


 

 

No comments: