Friday 4 November 2022

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Busy in the Air

Last Sunday when I flew out to North Ontario, sitting next to me across the aisle was a man, possibly in his thirties, who had his sketchbook out. For that hour-and-a-half I watched from the corner of my eye seeing this guy whipping out page after page of just gorgeous designs coming out of his drawing pen. I envied him on two counts; one is that he was so damn good at what he was doing because each sketch carried a different theme; two is that he was just keeping himself busy, engaged in something productive. It was inspiring.

Now today, enroute to Winnipeg, across the way in the aisle next to me was an elderly man. He was bespeckled and had a plaid shirt and suspenders were holding up his jeans. He had that all-time farmer’s look. Well, he was busying himself at a crossword puzzle. At the top corner of the left hand page was the name “Tom Selleck,” and I was charmed that he was going about his work using his brain.

To my right was a woman who insisted on coughing practically the whole time. She was busy, for sure, with her Kleenex tissues.

I was committed from the start of the flight to work on my poetry. It had dawned on me that I write something about the recent celebration honouring Krishna’s lifting Govardhan Hill. What a unique story it is! I wanted to tell the story, get it to rhyme and add it to my repertoire.

I finally landed after, once again, an hour-and-a-half flight, and was driven to Lorette, Manitoba, to stay at Tarun’s home. I couldn’t resist taking a photo of the sun setting behind the trees.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: