Wednesday 16 November 2022

Monday, November 14, 2022

Toronto/Atlanta

Back to Argentina

When I boarded Delta Airline enroute to Atlanta, as a stopover for Buenos Aires, I had a little chat with the flight attendant. I remarked that customs were so long and so slow. “Unacceptable!” I said.

Her remark, “It’s always like that here (Toronto). I love the city, but the airport…” And as she said this her eyes were rolling. I thought to lodge a complaint next time I had the chance, regarding an improvement in service that could happen at the Toronto Airport. Afterall service is everything in the regular world as well as in the world of bhakti, the spiritual. A big price tag is put on the ways of convenience.

When on the plane I had the pleasure to read from Satsvarupa’s book, Prabhupada, about the first Chariot Festival in San Francisco:

The report came back. “It was great! It was wonderful! It was a beautiful day, they said. And Swamiji listened, moved by his disciples’ descriptions of the celebration. Many hippies had joined the large procession. Mukunda, Haridasa, Hayagriva, and some of the women had been on the cart, and the instruments, including Yamuna’s playing on the harmonium had been amplified. Everyone in the streets had liked it.”

It’s always good to hear good news even if from the past.

In Atlanta, I boarded Delta once again to find myself in a middle seat. On either side was already seated an uncle and a niece. “Would you like to sit together?” I asked. “No, it’s okay”, they replied and ended up talking through me anyway.

May the Source be with you!


 

No comments: