Saturday 11 September 2021

Friday, August 27, 2021

The Annex, Toronto

New Couple and the 3 km

 

I feel blessed to meet fine people. Today it was a couple who found out about “Hare Krishna” through the internet. They are soul-searching and in that search they called up and agreed to meet personally.

 

He is from the Mauri tribe, from New Zealand and he grew up in a community where the boys would dive into the water to pull out clams and catch eels. She is a Toronto person raised in the Beaches area.

 

So, we had the talk of our life — all on the topic of spiritual matters. I treated them to a meal at Govinda’s. They admitted it was special and different from eating eels. I also handed them a copy of “Science of Self Realization” by author Srila Prabhupada. They were blown away by the murti or statue of Prabhupada in the temple room, seeing him from a distance. Also, the concept of God Masculine and God feminine, as Radha and Krishna, was very appealing to them.

 

After that gracious exchange I ventured off to the clinic for a shiatsu treatment. Carlos is the pious man who does the work. The walk is a mere 1.5 km so back-and-forth I got an extended physio out of it all amounting to a modest 3 km. It’s a start.

 

I came back feeling rested and refreshed. I must admit I was elated to me the couple whom I introduced to Krishna.

 

Krishna, with your help I will stay connected with them and I’ll do my best to bring them to the lotus feet of the Lord.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: