Wednesday 1 September 2021

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Third Leg

 

We hear that we have a third eye. We may also hear that some of us (myself included) have a third leg. I graduated from two crutches to two walking poles and now to one single walking cane —my third leg. Progress is being made in the healing department. There’s hope for sure.

 

I must say I envy those who can walk the Camino in Spain for pilgrimage purposes. I hear of people championing the Bruce Trail, that rocky up-and-down arduous foot path that runs through southern Ontario. In the US enthusiasts tackle the Appalachian trail; on the west it’s the Pacific Trail. And where I took to the national trail in Israel, we came to some real challenging, almost impossible, trekking trails.

 

It is definitely in my plans to challenge a trail again; on two new knees, when that happens. Pilgrimage or parikrama, as they say in Hindi, it’s so much a sleeping giant in our world. I’m wondering if COVID-19 has affected an increased number of pedestrians? I don’t know.

 

One thing I can say about expanding the experience is that both this and last summer we have increased the number of procession festivals. Places like Moncton, Fredericton, Scarborough, Kingston, Stratford, Milton, Brampton, Vancouver and Toronto have enjoyed great summer social events in the form of Ratha Yatra, all in the northern zone, where I serve. To those managers, hats off!

 

May the Source be with you!

1 km




 

No comments: