Thursday 30 September 2021

Monday, September 27, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

I’ve Been Seeing Them

 

While sitting at a park bench, a curious soul came next to me. She is part Cree, part French, which makes her a Metis. She started talking even before an introduction. “I sometimes go to Govinda’s to eat.” That kicked off a conversation with loads of questions.

A section of the conversation was her appreciation of seeing regularly, before Covid, two monks, one handicapped, walking up and down Avenue Road routinely. “Please tell these two men that I’ve been seeing them, as I live on the same street, and they’ve inspired me with their walking and chanting.”

“I will,” I said as I’m now sure she’s talking about Dharmaprana and Dakshin, two of our elder monks.

My new friend asked about the chanting and so I gave her my mantra card which reads “Please try the following mantra and shine: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.” Translation ‘Oh Awesome Creator, allow me to be of blissful service to You and the world.’”

I explained that “Hare” refers to God Feminine and Krishna refers to God Masculine and Rama refers to the pleasure of serving the Divine Mother and Divine Father.

More questions came – many – and it was a pleasure to share from my side. As a follow up I invited this very sweet woman, a film-maker by profession, to any of our morning classes at 9:30 a.m.

Nice day in the park.

 

May the Source be with you!

1 km


 

No comments: