Saturday 11 September 2021

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Q Gardens, Toronto

Fun for Balarama

 

It was only befitting that our day with the KC boys (mostly youth) was all in full for we were wishing Balarama, Krishna’s brother, a Happy Birthday. There are many aspects to Balarama’s life including a long pilgrimage he took during the fateful war of Kuruksetra. However, in the spirit of high energy and youthfulness did we play out the afternoon at Woodbine Beach.

 

What a lineup of a mix of frivolity and gravity we had — first off was yoga led by Krishna Chandra, kirtan, picnic prasadam, water sports and katha or a talk on “Who is Balarama actually?”

 

After eighteen months of minimal social interaction, finally, in the outdoors, the group came together. Parama Gauranga coordinated the event. It was so liberating.

 

One highlight in the afternoon for me was, after I gave a short intro on the green around us, when we met Paul. Paul came forward as I was still on my chair and said with eagerness, “I guess you were teaching lessons. I saw you point at the grass, then the tree we’re now standing under.”

 

Indeed, I was pointing and pulling out dandelion greens and mentioned a good edible quality. Then I pulled out a plantain leaf and said that this is an incredible natural laxative. I looked above to address the maple tree that gave us shade.

 

Paul revealed much about his life history. Yes, he’s suffered but he grew spiritually from there and learned simplicity and detachment. Paul was happy to be with us.

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: