Saturday 11 September 2021

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Toronto West General

The Physio Fellow

 

The physio fellow had his mask on. He understood that my cartilage wore down because of an abundance of walking and the need for a new knee. I told him about my powerwalking in the US, Canada and other countries. Over the mask I could see his eyes widen. Then he asked questions.

 

“You did it alone? Where did you stay at night? Do you use a tent at night? How long does it take from coast to coast? This is amazing!”

 

I was warmed and charmed by the queries. Then I asked him questions: “How long for the knee to heal? When do you think I should remove the second knee? I’m glad I only have two. Would you recommend I do another walk? How about swimming? Is it good for the joints?”

 

I added that I’ve been marathon walking to promote the walking culture and pilgrimage. By now he knew I was some kind of monk. Anyways, I received my “graduation” today. That’s what they call it when you have had six weeks of physio and have done well. There’s no diploma but a little bit of pride.

 

I proudly walked back to the ashram with a pleasing ease. I reminded myself that it is not to my credit that I can mechanically walk decently again. It is due to Krishna and the people He sends my way for the glorious repair and healing done. In other words, I’m grateful to all those who have and continue to contribute to my well-being.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: