Saturday 11 September 2021

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Barrie, Ontario

At Sunnidale

 

At Sunnidale Park in Barrie, one hour north of Toronto, I could not manage even a mile of walking its great trails. Time didn’t permit. The group was waiting for us for a presentation on “Krishna’s Birthday.” What a turnout it was. The outdoor event allowed for more than just a cuddly group of singers, dancers and those who are wannabes.

 

I did, however, on my healing knee, put energy into the simple “Swami Step,” an amateur dance move. I rather surprised myself that I could do it. I was in the mood to engage everyone, and it worked. Initially we were set to more or less do a bhajan session and what some may call a performance. However, I could tell off the bat that the cohesion would be at a loss. After all, we’re outdoors. It’s Sunday. It’s the eve of Krishna’s birth.

 

Without skipping a beat the dance forged ahead and there were multiple happy faces. In that park we were a patch of a green toned quilt, only our spot was very colorful —an Indian type of colorfulness. Marg from Barrie Post noted that as well.

 

I regret not having walked a stretch but I gloated in my own ability to move my legs in a way that they like to do. I will never in this lifetime become a master of swing dance but I will, however, maintain some semblance of a monk’s move and demonstrate so at events like this.

 

May the Source be with you!

 

Happy Krishna’s Birthday!

 

0 km


 

No comments: