Tuesday 5 April 2016

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016                                   
Mayapur, India

Bat Blood             

Right off the bat the day started off in a most interesting way.

I was just ready to leave for the Samadhi temple as Mandala was taking his shower.  I opened the door when a bat helped himself to our premises.  I shouted to Mandala that we had an uninvited guest.            

"There's a bat in the room!"

I proceeded to open the door with the prospect to have him leave.  A second opportunistic bat flew in. Now we had two of them fluttering around.  Okay, I kept the doors open hoping a third wouldn't venture in.  One of them did make an exit.  The fan running at optimum mode may have confused them.

Unfortunately, after hearing a sound of something hitting the fan, I had hoped we didn't injure the remaining fellow.  I stepped in and there he was, fallen on the floor.  A streak of blood droplets lie near his body which still had signs of life.  There was an occasional flap of the wings but I could see his hours if not minutes were numbered.  Sad for him.  I moved him out into the corridor with the sliding if my shoe.

When I returned from my morning sadhana I found he was gone-- left to providence in some form.  God bless his soul.

This evening I received a number of complements on our production of "Krishna Is."  It was held in the Samadhi Auditorium.  The most common remark was regarding the excellent job done by Balaram Vilchis as "Krishna."  His portrayal is very graceful and masculine at the same time.  I think he outdoes Batman.

May the Source be with you!

7 Km

No comments: