Tuesday 5 April 2016

Tuesday, February 16th, 2016

Tuesday, February 16th, 2016                           
Toronto, Ontario

Tuesday in Three Parts                 

I recall as a kid growing up when Dad or Mom would put the coffee on.  I never cared for the smell in the air, but it was kind of fun hearing and seeing the substance percolate.

Life at the temple/ashram is like a coffee percolator.  It gets really lively.  There is a buzz.  It sometimes comes in spurts depending on the time of the day.  When you plug in things start happening.

Steve Davies brought his students over.  This is an ongoing visit from the boy’s school from Cresant High up the road.  These are quality students and they give life.  They showed up in the morning.

The evening blossomed also with a visit from cross-Canada walker, Michael Oesch, and his partner Saskis.  He’s working on a documentary about what you learn from foot travel.  He also showed me a new book “Born to Walk: The Transformative Power of a Pedestrian Act” by Dan Rubinstein.

Michael always brings on enthusiasm to an atmosphere.  He’s a spiritual person, so whatever already is considered enthusing in the atmosphere of the temple becomes further ignited.

Now, about Tuesday afternoon.  I couldn’t help recalling the lyrics from the Moody blues on the song
“The Afternoon/Forever Afternoon”

                                            Tuesday, afternoon,
                                         I’m just beginning to see,
                                          It doesn’t matter to me,
                                          Chasing the clouds away.

                                           Something, calls to me,
                                    The trees are drawing me near,
                                           I’ve got to find out why
                                         Those gentle voices I hear
                                            Explain it all with a sigh.

                           I’m looking at myself, reflections of my mind
                            It’s just the kind of day leave myself behind,
                          So gently swaying thru the fairly-land of love,
                        If you’ll just come with me and see the beauty of

                                                 Tuesday afternoon.
                                                 Tuesday afternoon.


May the Source be with you!

3 Km

No comments: