Monday 11 April 2016

Saturday, March 12th, 2016

Saturday, March 12th, 2016
Kolkata, India

Time and Us

It was a liberating day from the standpoint that claustrophobia was ended.  Yes, part of the reason for feeling crammed in Kolkata was a lack of pacing space in the Iskcon building.  I’m afraid I sent a subtle complaint to one of the higher ups and he responded with speed.  He did something about it.

“I need air that moves and space to pace,” which was sent to the ether.  I was grateful to be relocated 1 kilometer away.  I can walk now.  I stayed in the flat provided for a 3 day period.

Space is one thing, time is another.  Two musician companions secured for our recording project are chronically late.  It was a great opportunity for me to extol the glories of God in the form of time.

“Do not think of the Creator as Gopal, the friend of the cows, as Mukunda, meaning the giver of liberation, or as Janardan, maintainer of all,” I told the 2 young men.  Think of Him exclusively as time (a quote from the Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 11).  This bold statement is made by Krishna and has all the relevance to everyone that hopes to keep appointments clear.

I added, “How can you two succeed in life in this manner?  You want to be taken seriously, right?”

Mind you, all was said lovingly, and I hope change will come.

May the Source be with you!

4 km

No comments: