Sunday 24 April 2016

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba

From My Window

From my window at Woolsley Street, I can catch a view of the Assiniboine River.  It reminds me of the Ganges River in India.  The Ganges has meant so much to so many people over millennia:  a place to bathe, a place for sacrifice, a place to clean, a place to meditate, a place to meet, etc.

The river, Assiniboine, also has borne significance to the indigenous First Nations peoples and Europeans.  It was once a highway for canoes.  It was also a source of water for wildlife and humans.  It was a travel route for trade, and also a place for battle in some circumstances.   It is a natural wonder.

At the Assiniboine Park, Doug and I watched a bald eagle swoop down to attempt to catch a prairie dog (ground squirrel).   Despite his high speed and power of wings, he could not succeed.  The squirrel retreated to his hole.  The eagle will endeavor again, I’m sure.  This is not something you see every day.  You see these daring forces of nature occur because you are outside and you are walking.  For many people who are house or office-bound, walking or moving through the wind, under the now budded trees, is a bold step.

I had mentioned earlier on to Visvambar, my host, “Why not open a window?  Bring in some prana (force of energy) into your apartment.  Invite the outdoors to your indoors.”

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: