Tuesday 5 April 2016

Monday, February 22nd, 2016

Monday, February 22nd, 2016                                       
Mayapur, India

Some Items                   

A whole group of tourists from Australia came to the sacred grounds of Mayapur.  I was the fortunate one to meet with them.

"How do you like this place?"

"Very interesting!  It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be," remarked one of the folks.

"It's still growing.”

“And where are you from?"

"Canada! I said.  You've been?"

“Oh yeah, we went to the Falls (Niagara)".

From a social perspective they were keen to learn but the spiritual component did not seem to concern them so much, so I wasn't about to push it.  It was great that they came.

Meetings for our AGM have begun and the greatest relief after the meeting was to get over to Uttam's place, which is a fruit vendor spot.  There I get my dose of cold freshly squeezed banana-pineapple juice.

The air was less musty today.  When the sky is clear then the date-ras drink is also clean, with the least amount of fermentation.  That drink also fuels you.

The brightest spot in the day appears to be the moments when Tulasi puja takes place.  Tulasi is the holy plant that Krishna devotees revere.  I'm often asked to lead the chant in her honour.  I do believe that by this worship we are making the ultimate green statement.  The other most important feature is to connect with each other.  Most people require the human/devotional factor.

Not to be neglected!

May the source be with you!

8Km

No comments: