Sunday 24 April 2016

Saturday, April 16th, 2016

Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Second Day on Ram

Tarun and I took worn paths along the South Saskatchewan River.  Pelicans, geese, ducks, and seagulls gravitated to the water while we stuck to the land.  Tarun became like a tour guide for me.

“Here’s where they have outdoor summer Shakespeare…  Here is this sculpture garden… And here’s what I call the Rail Bridge.”  So we crossed it over the river.

He wanted to know why Ram would impose on himself, agony through the separation of Sita and vice versa.  Answer:

“Separation (not to be mistaken for ‘we’re getting separated’).  Intensify the lover and beloved’s relationship.”

Tarun and I walked to the Karma Conscious Café.  The owners wanted some chanting to happen inside the café, so I obliged.  Great session it was.

A second gathering of people came to the home of Kasyap and Panchami to honour Ram-Nauvami this evening.  There were a good number of kids, so I asked them to sit in front of me as I read a portion of the Ramayan.  The approach was more like storytelling with some charades put in the mix.  This appeared to engage them thoroughly.

Laura, Cory, Darren, and Karen-Anne, also showed up simply because I invited them from the café, since they seemed curious and spontaneous.  To the sound of the ukulele, guitar, and drum, everyone had dance-stepped to the rhythm of the beat.

Ram must have been pleased.

May the Source be with you!

8 km

No comments: