Monday 11 April 2016

Saturday, March 26th, 2016

Saturday, March 26th, 2016
Durban South Africa

It Started With Kreeshan

I met Kreeshan again after six years.  We affectionately referred to him as a member of the KKK.  Along with 2 other young volunteers from our drama projects, these comrades all had the first letter to their first name as a K, hence the name of the club alleviated to them.  Actually, Kreeshan is now no longer a young teen, like when I first met him.  He's got to be 30 now.  Easily.

Recently returned from Dubai, after the oil industry met with challengers, Kreeshan is back with family and friends.

On the second day of the Chariot Festival, people are coming by the thousands to get involved in sacred sound and food mostly.  On an annual basis I'm asked to lead as Dance Master in the Bhakti Cloud Tent. It's magic.  Practically at the start of the half hour session, it's a handful of people but by the end the place is rocking.

When in Durban I usually get the opportunity to walk down sinful lane by checking out fair food.  I really mean to say “junk food” but I don't want to be offensive to prasadam, sacred food that’s offered.  Chips (French fries) are something I rarely get.  I was confessing to Bhakti Chaitanya Swami that I go on a non-health kick when I come. Even though the fries are good for the tongue, they are terrible for the tank.

I was concerned about the exertion of my dear friend Kadama Karana Swami, another monk, who's recovering from cancer surgery. The cancer was exacerbated by a bullet shot he received some years ago in India.  He's an inspiration as far as monastics are concerned.

May the source be with you!

7 km

No comments: