Tuesday 31 May 2022

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Antigonish, Nova Scotia

To a College Town

Near the home of Ravi, in Stellarton, the Albion Trail begins, which changes its name to Samson Trail as you approach New Glasgow along East River. It is a well-maintained earth path, soft on the feet, superior to asphalt, and it goes for a mere five kilometres – a perfect length for a person (me) on physio recovery.

Our forty-five-minute drive to Antigonish ended up being more of a sit-down at a gazebo with a creek to our side and green all around. The local news “The Casket,” took interest in my marathon walking history and so a shooting session at that shelter occupied some of our time. It was Ryan who had the itchy feet and heart. He wants to share the wisdom. Armed with books, the Gita (his favorite) and Chant and Be Happy, he approached the trickle of people coming through. He’s quite a pro at getting this wisdom in their hands and charming them to take them home.

This is better than I can do. My desire to spread jnanam (knowledge) is strong, but my skills fall far behind in succeeding to the purchase.

Merely by sitting at that gazebo, Annapurna and Mahadeva – who carry a cool appearance – drew attention; and I suppose my saffron robes did the same. Driving along the road was Sumintra (sounds like Sinatra) and she was stunned to see me. She pulled over and leaped out to shout, “I knew you when I was just a kid.” Now, in the midst of completing her medical exams, she is exhibiting maturity.

“You must come to our program in New Glasgow. We will be chanting and enjoying Krishna prasadam (food).”

She came, so did Aaron, Lindsay, Barb and others. So satisfying.

May the Source be with you!

5 km


 

No comments: