Tuesday 24 May 2022

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Podcast and No Cast

 

Matt Nash, from Welland, interviewed me for his podcast. It came clear in the interview that we were both raised Catholic. We both stepped back from our faith in order to explore other avenues, not necessarily religious. That is quite common for young folks in the developed world. The counter-culture of the ’60s grabbed my attention and I imagine some version of pop culture captured his fancy.

After my experimentation was complete (and that did involve walking and hitch-hiking), I took to bhakti yoga, as taught by our guru, Prabhupada. For Matt, who explained his journey in brief, he went full circle and is back on track with spirituality. He loves kirtan.

I mentioned to Matt that I embraced the teachings of Jesus and then added Krishna. There is total compatibility.

Anyways, our Q and A ate up a delicious one hour. Naturally, he’ll go for an edit, but I hope not too much because the interview went well.

Another glory of the day was my visit to the hospital. Yes, I was due to see Doctor Backstein, the surgeon who operated on both my knees. A physio therapist assistant and the good surgeon himself were very pleased with my healing process. No crutch. No cane. No cast.

“He did 4 kilometers on foot,” declared the assistant after I told her. In six months I’ll go for another check up and then ask my pressing question to Backstein, “Do you think I could do another one of those marathon walks again?”

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: