Tuesday 31 May 2022

Friday, May 27, 2022

Moncton, New Brunswick

Kindness is the Highlight

I do get overwhelmed by people’s kindness. For instance, Ravi opened up his house to us. We were fed, looked after, and he and his good wife also entertained us trough their six-year-old. Our whole troupe –Mahadeva, Anna Purna, Ryan – and I find children adorable, and this little one, Achintya, shows us both reverence and crankiness. Such is the way of childhood, and I might add that those traits may never leave us.

Enroute, we went to Moncton. I guess you could say it’s the place of monks. It’s the next province over that we ventured to, through the rain.

Once again, human sweetness eked out. Alicia and Eric gave us their whole house while they took a trip to the Ottawa region. On top of that, Jason and Nicole, their family, came forward with a load of groceries and gifts to hold us over for the next few days’ stay.

During some downtime for both our troupe and the rain, Ryan and I took to walking towards downtown. In the process, we met on foot Sharmaji carrying a bag. I introduced myself.

“I’m Bhaktimarga Swami. And you?”

“I am here to live. I arrived from Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, I came six days ago…”

It was easy to make friends considering our cultural similarities. I noticed in his bag he carried a new cooking pot. He is truly just settling down. He was so excited to meet some people he could connect with.

Lastly, we met Patelji. He saw us walking and spun his car around.

“Hare Krishna. Is there some ISKCON program?” Once again, we were overjoyed, naturally, in finding friends. He gave us a ride to our vehicle some kilometres away. Kindness. Hopefully we meet again.

May the Source be with you!

3 km



 

No comments: