Sunday 29 May 2022

Friday, May 20, 2022

Fredericton, New Brunswick

Happy Sign

That happy sign “Trans Canada Trail” became visible as Ryan and I tread along the creek in a residential section of Fredericton. Its name is actually “The Great Trail.” It’s an old sign. In any event, when I see either signage it lightens my heart and I want to make use of the well-maintained trail, which is more than I can say for the roads.

“This is part of my physio,” I explained to Ryan. “Walking is the best exercise.” And while I was feeling the right knee to be more nimble and agile than in previous weeks, I know that the process of simply walking works.

This stretch of the 22,000-kilometre-long trail was a former railway line. Plenty of white pine lines the trail. Mosquitoes are out in abundance. They are not lined up but mystically they appear from anywhere.

For this east coast trip, our first engagement was held in the “Maritime Gita Bhavan.” This entailed chanting with guitar, harmonium, djembe, and tambourine. Our group had our hands on them all while voices were activated. We were pleased to hear attendees join us so enthusiastically. “Lots of new young families here,” I said upon observation of the attendance.

Actually, we made this event in addition to kirtan as a launch to the book, The Saffron Path. People easily scooped up copies, for a fee, as I autographed. In this way, I got to meet just about everyone on their way to the delicious prasadam, blessed food.

The program, this post-walking event, was a success.

May the Source be with you!

5 km


 

No comments: