Thursday 26 May 2022

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Mud Creek, Toronto

A Day With Monks

I was sitting with monk Brhat Mrdanga and talking about the upcoming Bhakti Academy, a training for new men and women, when a call came in. It was the voice of a man.

“I am interested in a program for brahmacarya (celibate) life. I play basketball, and I really want to focus on the sport and not get distracted. I belong to a different faith than yours, but it doesn’t offer a program for what I want, the brahmacarya program.”

I was listening to his story and request for training and I turned the phone over to Brhat who then booked an appointment to meet him. That was sweet!

Now, to prepare for tomorrow’s trip to the east coast, an assistant joining us from Montreal, also training as a monk, arrived. Ryan is young, energetic and is a great addition to our traveling troupe. We’ll be on the road for three weeks. Krishna is providing.

Ryan, Brhat, Gabriel, Durjoy and I ventured off in the late afternoon to a ravine in Rosedale, following Mud Creek. This was exhilarating. My surgery was almost six weeks ago, yet I felt, with my stride and speed, I was more or less flying. The length of the trek was a bit more than usual during this healing time. I was intent on showing Brhat the favorable walking routes in the city since it’s all new to him and he’ll be with us for a while.

A former pedestrian bridge had collapsed over the creek, so we crossed the organic way. Fortunately, with gripping on the right footing and help from the guys with a hand, my legs managed well.

May the Source be with you!

5 km





 

No comments: