Friday 4 January 2019

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019

Etobicoke, Ontario

Journey Through

I was thrilled to receive a parcel in the mail, this morning, from Professor David L. Haberman, whom I met at the Parliament of World Religions this last November, right here in Toronto.  I opened the parcel and voila there was the book he so kindly promised me.  Authored by himself, Journey Through the Twelve Forests; An Encounter With Krishna, is for bhakti-yogis and pilgrims alike.  Thanks David!  Your kindness was shown when you came to visit and we had prasadam.

I've begun to read this masterpiece, which takes me to Braj, the land of Krishna.  It's a special place, no doubt.  It has been suggested to me many times that perhaps I should trek the stretch of India, following the Ganga perhaps, from north to south, maybe the Yamuna River which flows through Braj.

I've given those urges a thought.  Frankly, I like it best to move through uncharted territory that is beautiful, but not yet recognized pilgrim trails.  Although I see much of India's tirthas, or holy places, to be saturated with a special amrta(nectar) ,I cannot fail to see all terrain to be part of His domain as well.

After a marvelous dinner by Yamuna Jivana in Etobicoke, I just had to fulfil a rationed one-hour-minimum pilgrimage on my own neighbourhood not turf, but fresh snow.  My God, the white stuff in all this evening's fluff is so pure—so Krishna like.

May the Source be with you!
4 km


No comments: