Saturday 26 January 2019

Monday, January 21, 2019

Houston, Texas

People On The Way to The Farm

Ella becomes Wheatley Street at some point. It was on Ella that I met a middle-aged woman in a red pickup truck.  I walked by her home as she was about to back out onto the road, to run an errand, I suppose.  At first, she drove off, but then made a U turn, slowed, rolled down her window and stopped.

“Is everything Okay?” She continued, “I’ve never seen you walk around here.”

I spoke and then she carried on. “You’re sure you don’t need anything?” 

I felt a spirit-soul was reaching out.  The best thing that I could do was offer her a mantra card and let her know of our extraordinary Govinda’s Restaurant up the road. I was happy someone stopped on the rather busy roadway.

Once Ella turned into Wheatley, I met a second person, a pedestrian, and the only one I came across on this roughly two mile stretch. Part-Spanish and part-Caucasian and in his sixties, he began to talk. “It’s cold, but walking keeps me warm.  You know I like to walk, but I zig-zag a little.  You see, I fell once.  Damaged my head.  Went to a surgeon who sent me to another surgeon about my brain.  He said, ‘Yah don’t have a brain left to do surgery on.’” The telling of his story was followed up by his slight chuckle.  

I informed him that I had walked America, from Boston to San Fran and his eyebrows rose up.  “I’m Swami.  Good to know you,” I said.

The hand shakes with those two folks made my day, as I was on my way to the Bhakti Urban farm.  Someone had arranged for some ten to eighteen-year-old young people to meet me there and talk about connecting with nature.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: