Tuesday 15 January 2019

Tuesday, January 8th, 2019

Coquitlam, British Columbia

Spiritual Trail

Balaram turned twenty, today.  He's reserved, stays away from drugs, plays the bag-pipes and likes Krishna.  Along with his Mom, Manohini, we ventured off to Nitai Priya's for a great meal of asparagus, dahl soup and salad.  Also with us were Dale and Danielle.  It was light talk.  We stuck to positive topics including the topic of walking.  Generally people are intrigued with the power-walking I've undertaken.  I relayed to these sweet people that chanting mantras in the course of foot-stepping is a strapping way to live life.

Juniper, a person, was there to sit but not listen. He's lovingly hairy but I suspect, given his pampered life, not much matters to him outside the comforts of the condo.  It's easy to see there's a soul in this cat as revealed through his eyes.

Our group (minus Juniper) hit two trails in the Coquitlam area, in the midst of mountains.  Streams of water floated down, cascading over rock with ferns and fungi all about.  It was quite heavenly, although a trifle grey and wet.

Balaram was off with Tilak, the part-terrier.  He loves the trails.  Who wouldn't?  Trails are for people, both the physical and spiritual.  Had I not the bhaktitrail to tread, I'm not sure where I would be today.

I'm concerned about the U.S. and the presidential policies which I will not delineate here.  I do see that the globe's leading nation is under duress and therefore it affects all of us.  Surely we must give the spiritual trail a try.

May the Source be with you!
3 km


No comments: