Thursday 10 January 2019

Sunday, January 6th, 2019

Toronto / Milton

Wedding Card

I had received their wedding card, an invitation, quite some time back.  "Sweta Weds Ashvin," is what it read on the cover.  Ashvin, the bridegroom, whom I'll refer to as Anuttama, his initiated name, set the day's date for when I'd be around.

Oh, the ceremony went fine.  He's from Calgary.  Sweta is local.  Their family and friends came for support, and the thrill of two people coming together to make a team effort in life.  Out of such a union comes strength in satisfying the two basic needs of the physical and the spiritual.

Now, externally, Anuttama is terribly serious looking.  At one point, when there was a pause in the priest's mantras, I blurted out, "Smile!" which brought out laughter, especially from the cameramen.  But I must say that Anuttama is truly a good and happy man.  Inside he is truly a lucky and ‘happy chappy’.  My contribution to the ceremony was to keep a focus on the spiritual.

Excellent arrangements were made by Raj, the co-ordinator.

I then had the pleasure of making a trip to Milton where a group of bhakti yogiscome together weekly in an Anglican Church basement.  I sat down to say that we are all warriors battling the vices within.  One person recently mentioned he was a warrior, and I tried to steer him in the direction of being a spiritual one. He really liked that concept.

Now, a married couple cannot or should not become warriors on each other.  As far as possible, they should try to work things out.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: