Saturday 19 January 2019

Sunday, January 13th, 2019

New Westminster, British Columbia

Eagles and Planes

An eagle soared high above us.  Nitai Ram and I were taking a stroll by Meadow Avenue when I saw the large-winged fellow looming up in the sky, before he perched upon the leafless branch of a towering tree.  "The eagle population has been on the rise," I said to Nitai. "It's a good sign."

From eagles we can learn to look up high and also to aim high with our dreams.  Thank you Eagle.  We can all set our target for a better world with high values.

In that regard, both of us then departed to Ami's place for the ultimate joyful thing to do.  Two items, well, maybe three, which are optimum, as far as human engagement is concerned.  They are: 1) honouring blessed food (prasadam),  2) engaging in chanting (kirtan), and  3) taking in the company of spiritual people (sangha).

I wish the world could be more engrossed in such activities.  I was thrilled being in the company of members of Kirtan Vancouver.  Also by evening, after I delivered a class from the Gita to a Sunday crowd at ISKCON in Burnaby, I partook of the feast with the Canadian Federal NDP party leader, Jagmeet Singh.  Who knows? He could be the next Prime Minister of Canada.  A pleasant person he is.  He was very curious about my walks, so I expressed how powerful it was to connect with ordinary people along the way.  Good luck Jagmeet Singh.

Now it was time to fly (not like the eagle) back to the direction of eastern Canada, and in the queue, a tall young Caucasian asked a string of questions: "Are those swirling clothes comfortable?"

"Yes," I said, "and if there's an emergency and we have to jump out, my robes act like a parachute."  

To which he asked, "Is this like a Scottish kilt dynamic?" meaning, "Do you have anything on underneath?"

"Sure do."

The guy then said, "If there's an emergency and we jump, I'll hold onto your feet."

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: