Sunday 13 February 2022

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Casa Loma, Toronto

Follow or Fall

I love the Gita chats that have become part of my covid reality. Regular groups are hosted from Florida, Cleveland, Halifax, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Mississauga, Hamilton, Toronto, Mauritius, Niagara Falls, and Buenos Aires. And it looked like South Africa was on the list, but I’m not so sure now. I can’t forget Ottawa.

While I conduct these chats, I like to keep them as such, keeping them interactive as much as possible. I want to hear from the participants. Similarly, I also want to listen in on classes in the morning from others. These are somewhat related to the Gita, only it’s another book – the follow up – called the Bhagavatam.

The person organizing the schedule for those classes in Toronto is Maha Bhagavat. He just happened to be the speaker this morning as he was on the schedule. He did a splendid job speaking about the precarious nature of moths doing their suicide thing. Attracted by the light and heat of fire, they end up unceremoniously being reincarnated.

It was a pleasure to hear him talk, as I like to hear others, like our own Woody Allen look-a-like, Hara Kumar. His content is good, although he might make use of eye-contact a little more.

I know for a fact that our guru, Prabhupada, relished hearing his disciples give class.

Some of today’s talk was a play on words, “Follow or fall.”

Of course, this is not in reference to the moths.

May the Source be with you

4 km

 


No comments: